Date Posted: 8/4/2021
Location: Fort Walton Beach
POSITION SUMMARY: Bridgeway Center, Inc. (BCI) is seeking applicants that want to work in the Accounting department. A career with BCI as a Staff Accountant is rewarding and fulfilling because you make a difference every day in the lives of clients served.
New associates receive training, mentoring, and coaching throughout the on-boarding process.
We invite you to further explore this amazing opportunity by submitting your application today.
- Ten (10) Paid Holidays
- 17 days per year of PTO
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Care /Dependent Care Reimbursement Program
- Employer Paid $10,000.00 Life Insurance
- Florida Blue Group Health Insurance
- Vision/Dental Insurance
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field plus one (1) year related experience OR High School Diploma or GED plus eight (8) years related experience is required. Knowledge of accounts payable, accounts receivable, general accounting procedures, and relevant accounting software. Proficient in Microsoft Excel and data entry. Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness. High degree of drive, initiative, and follow-through. Able to problem solve and have the ability to meet deadlines. Have general math and information management skills. Highly organized with strong attention to detail in all work products. Must have a strong work ethic, follow standard filing procedures, be reliable, and maintain a professional attitude. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing. Ability to learn and apply new technology in a timely manner. Ability to interact with employees, vendors, and clients in a professional manner. Must pass a DCF Level II criminal background screening and a drug test.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: BCI is hiring for a Staff Accountant position. We are looking for highly motivated applicants that want to learn and grow in our industry. We are excited to meet interested potential teammates. BCI offers competitive salary and benefits. Main job tasks and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review and verify invoices and check requests
- Sort, code, and match invoices
- Set invoices up for payment
- Enter and upload invoices into system
- Track expenses and process expense reports
- Prepare and perform check runs
- Run and review open payables report in accounting system
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions
- Maintain, verify, and post transactions to journals, ledger, and other records
- Prepare analysis of accounts
- Oversee client payee program functions
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- Correspond with vendors, clients and partnering agencies
- Create and issue invoices to bill assigned contracts
- Provide supporting documentation for audits
- Reconciles accounts receivable aging report with accounting system general ledger
- Reconciles cash suspense clearing accounts
- Assists with month end closing reports and analysis
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- Updates job knowledge by participation in education opportunities
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completed related results as needed
WORK HOURS: Monday-Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
strong>WORK LOCATION: Fort Walton Beach (FWB)
BASE WAGE: The base wage for this position is $16.00-$19.00 per hour.
***Applicant must meet the minimum requirements to be considered for this position. NO EXCEPTIONS.***
Notify the Human Resources Office in advance if you require special disability accommodations to participate in the employment process.
BRIDGEWAY CENTER, INC. IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE AND AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER