Date Posted: 4/13/2022
POSITION SUMMARY: Bridgeway Center, Inc. (BCI) is seeking applicants for the Primary Care Program Director (PCPD) position. This position will manage day-to-day operations of Bridgeway Health Clinics (BHC) in Fort Walton Beach (FWB).
The Primary Care Program Director (PCPD) serves as a member of the BCI management team and provides leadership, direction, and oversight to the primary care practice. The position is responsible for the overall business operations, strategy, and success of the integrated primary care medical practice. The Practice Manager works with physician and practitioner staff to ensure efficient day-to-day operations and oversees all operations to ensure effective, compliant practice operations. The ideal candidate will have a strong healthcare background and be a motivated self-starter with excellent leadership, communication, and organizational skills.
The Primary Care Program Director (PCPD) will provide supervision, direction, and performance evaluations to associates. The Primary Care Program Director (PCPD) will report directly to the President / Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
New associates received training, mentoring, and coaching throughout the on-boarding process. We invite you to further explore this amazing opportunity by submitting your application today.
- Ten (10) Paid Holidays
- 17 days per year of PTO
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Care /Dependent Care Reimbursement Program
- Employer Paid $15,000.00 Life Insurance
- Florida Blue Group Health Insurance
- Vision/Dental Insurance
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Master’s degree in a related healthcare field plus five (5) years related experience in healthcare plus two (2) years of supervisory experience providing guidance and direction to direct reports OR Bachelor’s degree in a related healthcare field plus six (6) years related experience in healthcare plus two (2) years of supervisory experience in providing guidance and direction to direct reports OR a combination of experience, certifications, and / or training may substitute for degree requirements. Applicant must be able to pass a Department of Children and Families (DCF) Level II criminal background check, Medicaid background screening, Tuberculosis (TB) test, and a drug screening. Applicant must have a valid Driver License with no major violations and be able to be insured under BCI’s automobile policy.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / & ABILITIES:
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Knowledge of OSHA, HIPAA and CLIA requirements
- Working knowledge of medical terminology
- Medical office billing & coding experience
- Proficiency with EMR systems and software applications, including Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with Athenahealth is a plus.
- Display strong organizational, team building, decision making and problem-solving skills
- Coordinating medical front office operations
- Must have demonstrated a leadership position within the healthcare industry
- Must have experience in staff mentoring, development and training
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Oversee the day-to-day activities within the clinic, including managing schedules, daily staffing, patient access, continuity, clinic flow, reinforcing policies and procedures, patient safety and supervision of staff.
- Responsible for implementing BCI’s Mission and strategic Vision.
- Provides leadership in developing, planning, and implementing business plans as related to the primary care business and operations.
- Recommend, develop, and implement processes, including but not limited to ensuring the office and practice is opened and closed, as per established schedules, management of registration and front desk operations, general patient flow, equipment, clinical and supply inventory, and general staff productivity.
- Informs senior management about current trends, problems, and medical activities to facilitate policy making.
- Identifies, reviews, evaluates, updates, and implements related policies and procedures in compliance with related standards and regulations.
- Interviews, hires, and coordinates training of new staff in accordance with HR and BCI guidelines, including participating in clinical practitioner recruitment, training, and onboarding. Provides orientation, education/training, feedback, performance evaluation, maintaining and monitoring Kronos records for employees.
- Enhance operational effectiveness, emphasizing cost containment without jeopardizing important innovation or quality of care.
- Responsible for managing the overall marketing activities of the practice.
- Represents the clinic in its relationships with other health organizations, government agencies, and third-party payers
- Participates, oversees, and manages all practice managed care relationships, including monitoring of related reimbursement, understanding payer negotiated rates, compliance and performance measures, value-based reimbursement programs, provider credentialing, and maintenance of contracts.
- Serves as liaison and channel of communication between the hospitals, health plans, insurance companies, and regulatory agencies.
- Ensure that patient confidentiality is being maintained according to HIPAA laws and that the office adheres to OSHA, ADA and other regulatory requirements.
- Monitor the budget, oversee regulatory compliance, contracts and vendor relations.
- Provides leadership to and is accountable for the performance of clinic providers and staff.
- Manage staff relations including performance management, staff satisfaction and conflict management.
- Set up the staff schedule and patient schedule.
- Participates and oversees the frontline business and financial affairs of the clinic and fiscal management in conjunction with the Finance department.
- Complete pre-authorizations, resolve denied claims, ensure all billing and collection processes, accounts receivable and accounts payable are completed in collaboration with the Finance department.
- Ensures clinic compliance with all regulatory agencies governing health care delivery and the rules of accrediting bodies. Continually monitors operations, programs, physical properties. Initiates appropriate changes.
- Encourages community education by initiation participation in health fairs and events to promote awareness. Responsible for managing the overall marketing activities of the practice.
- Represents the clinic in its relationships with other health organizations, government agencies, and third-party payers.
- Resolves any medical-administrative problems and keeps lines of communication open with staff to ensure high employee morale and a professional, healthful clinic atmosphere.
- Maintains professional affiliations and enhances professional development to keep current in the latest health care trends and developments.
WORK LOCATION: Fort Walton Beach (FWB)
***Applicant must meet the minimum requirements to be considered for this position. NO EXCEPTIONS.***
Notify the Human Resources Office in advance if you require special disability accommodations to participate in the employment process.
BRIDGEWAY CENTER, INC. IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE AND AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER