Date Posted: 4/14/2021
Location: Fort Walton Beach
MISSION: The mission of One Hopeful Place (OHP) is to be the front door into permanent housing and to end the cycle of homelessness for those experiencing housing loss in Okaloosa County.
POSITION SUMMARY: Bridgeway Center, Inc. (BCI) is seeking candidates that want to make a difference in the lives of individuals experiencing homelessness in Okaloosa County.
The OHP Shelter Manager is responsible for the overall management and daily operation of OHP. The OHP Shelter Manager oversees operations of temporary emergency shelter, transitional housing, homeless outreach, oversight of maintenance of physical properties and donations. It includes intake and discharge procedures, adherence to local and state regulations covering health, state, and capacity requirements.
We invite you to further explore this amazing opportunity by submitting your application today.
A career with BCI as a Shelter Manager is rewarding and fulfilling because you make a difference every day in the lives of the individuals served.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: A Master’s degree in a related field plus three (3) years related experience is preferred. Bachelor's degree in a related field plus four (4) years related experience OR Associate's degree plus seven (7) years related experience OR High School Diploma or GED plus ten (10) years related experience.
Specific experience working with individuals experiencing homelessness required. Applicant must be able to pass a DCF Level II criminal background check, Tuberculosis (TB) test, and a drug screening. Applicant must also have a valid Florida Driver License with no more than three (3) points on their driving record.
REQUIRED SKILLS / PROFICIENCIES:
1. Knowledge of community resources or the ability to become knowledgeable.
2. Strong interpersonal, mediation, and conflict-resolution skills.
3. Strong organizational skills.
4. Leadership and delegation skills
5. Ability to maintain professional standards, ethics, and confidentiality.
- Responsible for daily operations of a 24/7 facility-based program.
- Interview and help select, provide orientation, supervise training, and provide job development opportunities for OHP staff and volunteers at assigned location.
- Supervise and assist all site staff in the day-to-day operations.
- Provides appropriate referrals, including linkages to community services, employment services, legal services, and financial management services. Networks and coordinates with community resources for housing, legal services, employment, substance abuse treatment, mental health treatment, training, medical etc.
- Review case planning and recordkeeping for individuals to ensure case files meet recordkeeping standards.
- Assess individuals for homelessness risk and provides diversion, mediation, housing counseling and search, and financial management assistance.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate administrative processes to meet reporting requirement of funding agencies, Board of Directors, and staff.
- Assist in securing funding for the program through grant writing, public presentations, and reporting on past activity as required.
- Responsible for maintaining safe, clean, facilities and environment.
- Monitor, enforce, and maintain all policy and procedures at OHP.
- Be available after hours for emergencies.
- Maintain required supplies for the operation of OHP.
- Create and implement staffing schedule to ensure adequate coverage of OHP.
- Manage rule compliance with residents.
- Collaborate and participate in Cold Night Shelter program.
Ten (10) Paid Holidays
17 days per year of PTO
403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Health Care/Dependent Care Reimbursement Program
Employer Paid $10,000.00 Life Insurance
Florida Blue Group Health Insurance
WORK LOCATION: One Hopeful Place (OHP) – Fort Walton Beach (FWB)
BASE SALARY: The base salary for this position is $1,826.00 bi-weekly or $47,476.00 annually.
***Applicant must meet the minimum requirements to be considered for this position. NO EXCEPTIONS.***
Notify the Human Resources Office in advance if you require special disability accommodations to participate in the employment process.
BRIDGEWAY CENTER, INC. IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE AND AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER