Date Posted: 4/19/2021
Location: Fort Walton Beach
MISSION: The mission of One Hopeful Place (OHP) is to be the front door into permanent housing and to end the cycle of homelessness for those experiencing housing loss in Okaloosa County.
POSITION SUMMARY: Bridgeway Center, Inc. (BCI) is seeking candidates that want to make a difference in the lives of individuals experiencing homelessness in Okaloosa County.
The OHP Recovery Coach will provide direct support, oversight and interventions at OHP. Great entry level position for candidates interested in Human Services. Responsibilities include: Completing rounds at OHP, providing recovery based supports to individuals, video camera observation, inspecting bunk/common areas, encouraging community building and maintaining shelter stay, providing consistent staff presence for individuals to access support, addressing conflict or concerns, awareness for building safety, etc.
We invite you to further explore this amazing opportunity by submitting your application today.
A career with OHP as a Recovery Coach is rewarding and fulfilling because you make a difference every day in the lives of the individuals served.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: High School Diploma or GED. Specific experience working with individuals experiencing homelessness is preferred. Applicant must be able to pass a DCF Level II criminal background check, Tuberculosis (TB) test, and a drug screening. Applicant must also have a valid Florida Driver License with no more than three (3) points on their driving record.
REQUIRED SKILLS / PROFICIENCIES:
1. Knowledge of community resources or the ability to become knowledgeable.
2. Demonstrate a positive, enthusiastic, and motivating presence at all times.
3. Maintain and promote professionalism.
4. Perform other duties assigned by the Onsite One Hopeful Place (OHP) Shelter Manager.
5. Uphold and promote OHP’s Mission.
6. Good conflict resolution and crisis management skills.
7. Works well independently.
- Ensure safety of participants and property by checking common areas and surrounding property.
- Communicate with incoming and outgoing staff of pending issues or activities that have occurred using communications logs as well as emergency personnel as needed.
- Interact with individuals in a professional manner; respond to needs of individuals as appropriate.
- Assist in conflict resolution between individuals and oversight of compliance with OHP expectations.
- Maintaining building cleanliness at all times.
- Assist in OHP of supplies including daily food and kitchen supply orders.
- Other office duties and data entry as needed.
- Video camera observation.
- Facilitate community building activities and interact with residents in order to build community.
- Participate in in-service training.
- Assist with preparing bunks for new individuals.
- Aid new individuals in acclimating to OHP operations.
Ten (10) Paid Holidays
17 days per year of PTO
403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Health Care/Dependent Care Reimbursement Program
Employer Paid $10,000.00 Life Insurance
Florida Blue Group Health Insurance
Day: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Swing: 4:00 p.m. – 12:00 a.m.
Evening: 12:00 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
*Must be willing to work on-site alone. This position requires working on rotating weekends*
WORK LOCATION: One Hopeful Place (OHP) – Fort Walton Beach (FWB)
BASE WAGE: The base wage for this position is $11.00 per hour.
***Applicant must meet the minimum requirements to be considered for this position. NO EXCEPTIONS.***
Notify the Human Resources Office in advance if you require special disability accommodations to participate in the employment process.
BRIDGEWAY CENTER, INC. IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE AND AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER