Date Posted: 10/6/2021
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-Time (FT)
MISSION: The mission of One Hopeful Place (OHP) is to be the front door into permanent housing and to end the cycle of homelessness for those experiencing housing loss in Okaloosa and Walton Counties.
POSITION SUMMARY: Bridgeway Center, Inc. (BCI) is seeking candidates that want to make a difference in the lives of individuals experiencing homelessness in Okaloosa and Walton Counties.
The OHP Outreach Specialist will perform outreach, engagement and assessment, case management, and direct assistance for persons experiencing homelessness.
The right candidate for this position will have Case Management (CM) experience, cultural competency, and the ability to abide by ethical boundaries while going above and beyond for the families and individuals experiencing homelessness in Okaloosa and Walton Counties.
We invite you to further explore this amazing opportunity by submitting your application today.
A career with OHP as an Outreach Specialist is rewarding and fulfilling because you make a difference every day in the lives of the individuals served.
- Ten (10) Paid Holidays
- 17 days per year of PTO
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Care / Dependent Care Reimbursement Program
- Employer Paid $10,000.00 Life Insurance
- Florida Blue Group Health Insurance
- Vision/Dental Insurance
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: High School Diploma or GED plus one (1) year related experience. Applicant must be able to pass a DCF Level II criminal background check, Tuberculosis (TB) test, and a drug screening. Applicant must also have a valid Florida Driver License with no more than three (3) points on their driving record and willing to obtain a Class C Florida CDL within ninety (90) days of employment.
PREFERRED SKILLS / PROFICIENCIES:
1. Experience in social service setting with working knowledge of Case Management (CM) systems.
2. Knowledge of housing related resources, housing rights issues, the Continuum of Care (CoC) for persons experiencing homelessness.
3. Experience working with individuals and families experiencing homelessness.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide supportive services and develop a housing plan with each client.
2. Work on creating connections to permanent housing with appropriate services and effectively identifying and engaging people with diverse experiences, needs, and challenges.
3. Work closely with partner providers to facilitate permanent housing and supportive services for persons experience homelessness, including those with serious mental illness, physical disabilities, chronic substance abuse, and AIDS or related diseases experiencing homelessness.
4. Case Management duties include budgeting and counseling on basic life skills, and advocacy for health care, legal services, and benefits such as SSI/SSDI.
5. This program includes using harm reduction strategies to enable the participants to permanently retain their rental housing.
6. This position will work with local law enforcement departments to connect people experiencing homelessness, with targeted resources to move them to shelter/permanent housing.
WORK LOCATION: Okaloosa County / Mobile Position
BASE WAGE: The base wage for this position is $13.00 per hour.
***Applicant must meet the minimum requirements to be considered for this position. NO EXCEPTIONS.***
Notify the Human Resources Office in advance if you require special disability accommodations to participate in the employment process.
BRIDGEWAY CENTER, INC. IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE AND AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER