Date Posted: 2/16/2022
Location: Fort Walton Beach
Description: See qualifications.
POSITION SUMMARY: Bridgeway Center, Inc. (BCI) is seeking qualified applicants for the Referral Specialist position for our In-Home Support Services (IHSS) team. Applicants must be outgoing, like working with the public, and welcome BCI’s clients cheerfully while providing superior customer service. Must have the ability to multi-task and remain professional at all times to ensure that each client walks away having had a positive, helpful, and caring experience.
The Referral Specialist is responsible for processing of all community referrals, assessing for IHSS eligibility and providing direction and resources to those not meeting IHSS criteria. The Team Referral Specialist will work closely with other IHSS team members and BCI associates.
Join a dynamic and innovative team who search for empowering ways to improve the quality of life for the people we serve through education and assessment. A career with BCI as a Referral Specialist is rewarding and fulfilling because you make a difference every day in the lives of the clients served.
New associates receive training, mentoring, and coaching throughout the on-boarding process.
We invite you to further explore this amazing opportunity by submitting your application today.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Have excellent knowledge of Word and Excel as well as overall computer skills. Must be comfortable with making and receiving telephone interactions with referral sources and other agencies. Compliance with minimum standards for screening of mental health personnel as contained in F.S. 394.4572. Must be able to pass a DCF Level II background screening, drug screening, and a Tuberculosis (TB) screening. Applicant must have a valid Driver License (DL) with no major violations and be able to be insured under BCI’s automobile policy. Spanish-speaking or Bilingual applicants are preferred, but not required.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: We are seeking highly motivated and high-performance applicants that want to learn and grow in our industry. We are excited to meet interested potential teammates. Main job tasks and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Accepting and processing community referrals for IHSS team eligibility, appropriateness, and level of priority.
2. Links referrals to community resources as appropriate.
3. Initiates contact with the family and completes the orientation process, working closely with the IHSS team members to ensure all materials, documents, and client records are in order and available.
4. Will assist with discharge summaries approval and closure approvals of IHSS cases.
5. On-Call duties
6. will carry a client caseload as determined and as needed for IHSS.
7. Maintains the IHSS waitlist, following up on referrals and with referral sources during waitlist duration to reassess priority, link to services and maintain IHSS best practices.
8. Assists Referral Specialist Coordinator and/or Program Director with Referral processing, maintaining the IHSS spreadsheet for waitlist monitoring, referral assignment, and client caseload management in accordance to IHSS’s best practices.
9. Receives and assists callers and outside agency representatives regarding IHSS team purpose, program procedures, and triage questions as applicable.
10. Provide transportation, respite, support, and encouragement to youth and their families as needed to improve child and family functioning.
11. Notifies Program Director of any abuse. Notifies Program Director within one (1) hour of any significant issues, problems, or concerns regarding client, services, or community partners.
WORK LOCATION: Primary location is Fort Walton Beach (FWB) / Travel to BCI’s Crestview (CV) Location Required as Needed
BASE WAGE: The wage for this position is $16.00 per hour.
***Applicant must meet the minimum requirements to be considered for this position. NO EXCEPTIONS.***
Notify the Human Resources Office in advance if you require special disability accommodations to participate in the employment process.
BRIDGEWAY CENTER, INC. IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE AND AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER