Date Posted: 6/21/2021
POSITION SUMMARY: Bridgeway Center, Inc. (BCI) is seeking applicants that want to work with a multi-disciplinary team which provides intensive, comprehensive community-based services to youths ages eleven (11) to twenty-one (21). The Outreach Therapist / Mentor is a safe and effective alternative to out-of-home placement for children with serious behavioral health challenges. The Community Action Treatment (CAT) Team supports the goals of the youth and family by enabling them to sustain themselves within their family system and community.
A career with BCI as an Outreach Therapist / Mentor is rewarding and fulfilling because you make a difference every day in the lives of the clients served.
The Outreach Therapist / Mentor is responsible for providing services that help referred families and clients link to needed medical, social, education, psychiatric, psychological, and other services. This includes direct assistance in gaining access to services, coordination of care, oversight of the entire case, and linkage to appropriate services.
This position is funded by revenue appropriated by the State and your employment is contingent upon continued funding of this position.
An evidenced based service model with proven results is used by the program. New associates received training, mentoring, and coaching throughout the on-boarding process.
We invite you to further explore this amazing opportunity by submitting your application today.
- Ten (10) Paid Holidays
- 17 days per year of PTO
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Care /Dependent Care Reimbursement Program
- Employer Paid $10,000.00 Life Insurance
- Florida Blue Group Health Insurance
- Vision/Dental Insurance
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Master’s degree in Psychology, social work, or related human services discipline and a minimum of two (2) years related experience working with Children who have serious emotional disturbances and their families. Must have valid Florida driver’s license and meet all Center requirements of vehicle operations and transportation of clients in Center and non-Center vehicles. Must be able to pass a DCF Level II background screening, Tuberculosis (TB) test, and a drug screening.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
1. Complete comprehensive evaluations that address individual youth needs, abilities, strengths and preferences. Address family dynamics that are relevant to successful youth functioning.
2. Develop treatment plans and reviews in conjunction with other team members that address both youth and family factors. 3. Work with families toward the implementation of the treatment plan with emphasis on helping youth and family members achieve resilience and autonomy.
4. Provide individual, family and group treatment.
5. Participate in staffing and consultations in settings in which the youth participates such as schools, work and recreational environments.
6. Assist families with establishing a natural support system that provides ongoing support during and post program participation. 7. With other team members, provide support and education to family members to help them become knowledgeable about mental illness, collaborate in the treatment process, and assist in their family member’s progress.
8. Regularly attend organizational staff meetings to assess client status and progress, to coordinate treatment activities, and to develop treatment solutions to problems other staff is having.
9. Participate in staff training regarding skill development basic to the treatment of youth with Severe Emotional Disturbance and young adults with Severe and Persistent Mental Illness.
10. Perform client related documentation in accordance with Center policies and procedures, component specific guidelines and contract provisions, as applicable.
11. Refer for client services as indicated.
12. Must be prepared to work flexible work schedule to meet the client’s needs or as directed by the Program Director.
JOB LOCATION: Travel between Fort Walton Beach (FWB) and Crestview (CV)
BASE WAGE: The base wage for this position is $21.00 per hour.
***Applicant must meet the minimum requirements to be considered for this position. NO EXCEPTIONS.***
Notify the Human Resources Office in advance if you require special disability accommodations to participate in the employment process.
BRIDGEWAY CENTER, INC. IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE AND AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER