Date Posted: 9/1/2021
Title: Community Action Team (CAT) Case Manager / Mentor
Description: See qualifications.
POSITION SUMMARY:Bridgeway Center, Inc. (BCI) is seeking applicants that want to work with a multi-disciplinary team which provides intensive, comprehensive community based services to youths ages eleven (11) to twenty-one (21). The Community Action Treatment (CAT) Team is a safe and effective alternative to out-of-home placement for children with serious behavioral health challenges. CAT supports the goals of the youth and family by enabling them to sustain themselves within their family system and community.
A career with BCI as a CAT Case Manager / Mentor is rewarding and fulfilling because you make a difference every day in the lives of the clients served.
The CAT Case Manager / Mentor is responsible for providing services that help referred families and clients link to needed medical, social, education, psychiatric, psychological, and other services. This includes direct assistance in gaining access to services, coordination of care, oversight of the entire case, and linkage to appropriate services.
An evidenced based service model with proven results is used by the program. New associates received training, mentoring, and coaching throughout the on-boarding process.We invite you to further explore this amazing opportunity by submitting your application today
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work or related human services and one year of experience working with children and their families. In addition, prefer candidates to have working knowledge of different systems including school, mental health, child welfare, juvenile justice, health and others. Must have a valid Florida driver’s license and meet all requirements for vehicle operations and transportation of clients in Center and non-Center vehicles. Compliance with minimum standards for screening of mental health personnel as contained in F.S. 394.4572. Must be able to pass a DCF Level II background screening, Tuberculosis (TB) test, and a drug screening.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: CAT Case Manager / Mentor will use their knowledge and skills in community based behavioral health care case management, have good interpersonal and communication skills, have an ability to demonstrate competent use of Electronic Health Record (EHR) and concurrent documentation. Case Management consists of services that help individuals link to needed medical, social, education, psychiatric, psychological, and other services. This includes direct assistance in gaining access to services, coordination of care, oversight of the entire case, and linkage to appropriate services.
Case Management includes: (1) assessment of the eligible clients to determine service needs; (2) development of an individualized integrated service plan with the use of Wraparound sessions; (3) referral and related activities to help the client obtain needed services; (4) monitoring and follow-up; and (5) evaluation. Educating persons served and their support system regarding diagnosis, treatment, and recovery.
The Case Manager / Mentor will: (1) help families develop a pro-social narrative as part of the strengths, needs and culture discovery (2) help families understanding developmental readiness and use teachable moments to surface issues that are important to helping them reach their long range vision, (3) teaches and supports families with learning how to develop their own plans and access their own resources, (4) works with families to build and strengthen their natural support network, (5) helps families address and work through challenges with making life changes, and (6) works with collateral agencies and community services to integrate with natural supports.
The Mentor aspect of CAT will:
1. Facilitate positive family interactions and encourage mutual understanding.
2. Help youth explore interests and gain life experience.
3. Provide emotional support and guidance toward healthy decision making.
4. Encourage positive peer relationships and healthy social outlets.
5. Help find opportunities to develop skills and achieve personal growth.
6. Model and reinforce responsible interpersonal and self-respecting behavior.
7. Support educational and vocational development.
8. Provide respite.
9. Provide transportation.
10. Assist families with establishing a natural support system that provides ongoing support during and post program participation.
11. Encourage positive parenting, and competence with family life skills management such as financial responsibility and homemaking skills.
12. With other team members, provide support and education to family members to help them become knowledgeable about mental illness, collaborate in the treatment process, and assist in their family member’s progress.
13. Participate in the development of the comprehensive treatment plan for each person served at treatment planning meetings.
14. Observe youth and family functioning with special focus on behaviors that relate to the treatment plan goals and objective. Attend to signs of developing problems and promptly report to treatment team.
15. Regularly attend organizational staff meetings to assess client status and progress, to coordinate treatment activities, and to develop treatment solutions to problems other staffs are having.
16. Participate in staff training regarding skill development basic to the treatment of youth with Severe Emotional Disturbance and young adults with Severe and Persistent Mental Illness.
17. Travel required between clinics and other sites including homes, schools and community locations where clients are served.
18. Maintain after hours availability as required by the needs of the clients and as directed by their direct report.
Ten (10) Paid Holidays
17 days per year of PTO
403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Health Care/Dependent Care Reimbursement Program
Employer Paid $10,000.00 Life Insurance
Florida Blue Group Health Insurance
WORK LOCATION: Crestview (CV)
BASE WAGE: The base wage for this position is $16.00 per hour.
***Applicant must meet the minimum requirements to be considered for this position. NO EXCEPTIONS.***
Notify the Human Resources Office in advance if you require special disability accommodations to participate in the employment process.
BRIDGEWAY CENTER, INC. IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE AND AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER