Date Posted: 6/22/2022
Title: Accounts Payable / Contract Specialist
Location: Fort Walton Beach
POSITION SUMMARY: Bridgeway Center, Inc. (BCI) is seeking applicants that want to work in the Finance department. A career with BCI as an Accounts Payable (AP) / Contracts Specialist is rewarding and fulfilling because you make a difference every day in the lives of clients served.
New associates receive training, mentoring, and coaching throughout the on-boarding process.
We invite you to further explore this amazing opportunity by submitting your application today.
BENEFITS OFFERED: BCI offers competitive salary and benefits. Benefits include:
- Ten (10) Paid Holidays
- 17 days per year of PTO
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Care / Dependent Care Reimbursement Program
- Employer Paid $15,000.00 Life Insurance
- Florida Blue Group Health Insurance
- Vision / Dental Insurance
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: High School Diploma or GED plus two (2) years related experience OR Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Knowledge of accounts payable, general accounting procedures, and relevant accounting software. Proficient in data entry and management. Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness. High degree of drive, initiative, and follow-through. Able to problem solve and meet strict deadlines. Have general math and information management skills. Highly organized with strong attention to detail in all work products. Must have a strong work ethic, follow standard filing procedures, be reliable, and maintain a professional attitude. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing. Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner. Must pass a Medicaid and Florida Department of Children and Families (DCF) Level II background screening, drug screen, and a Tuberculosis (TB) test. Applicant must have a valid driver’s license with no major violations and be able to be insured under BCI’s automobile policy.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: BCI is hiring for an Accounts Payable (AP) / Contracts Specialist position. We are looking for highly motivated applicants that want to learn and grow in our industry. We are excited to meet interested potential teammates. Main job tasks and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review and verify invoices and check requests
- Sort, code, and match invoices
- Set invoices up for payment
- Enter and upload invoices into system
- Track expenses and process expense reports
- Prepare and process electronic transfers and payments
- Prepare and perform check runs
- Maintain, verify, and post transactions to journals, ledger, and other records
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions
- Prepare analysis of accounts
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- Maintain vendor files
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries
- Produce monthly reports
- Assist with month end closing
- Provide supporting documentation for audits
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal ID numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments
- Create and submit contract invoices to contract agencies
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- Maintain backup documentation
- Updates job knowledge by participation in education opportunities
WORK HOURS: Monday – Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
WORK LOCATION: Fort Walton Beach (FWB)
WAGE: The wage for this position is $17.00 per hour.
Click here to apply for this position electronically.
***Applicant must meet the minimum requirements to be considered for this position. NO EXCEPTIONS.***
Notify the Human Resources Office in advance if you require special disability accommodations to participate in the employment process.
BRIDGEWAY CENTER, INC. IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE AND AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER